46-50 Upper Queen Street, Eden Terrace
ENJOY A THRIVING, URBAN NEIGHBOURHOOD
Basilica sits on the edge of Grafton Gully next to St Benedict’s – the church from which it takes its name and subtle design elements. With a façade of concrete, glass, punched steel screens and planter boxes, the building acknowledges its urban setting and creates a new sense of place for Eden Terrace.
Eden Terrace is located at the apex of the city fringe and links some of Auckland’s most trendy suburbs: Ponsonby, Kingsland, Mt Eden and Newmarket.
It has undergone intense urban regeneration over the last decade beginning with the ultra-cool Site 3. The Basilica site is zoned for Auckland Boys and Auckland Girls Grammar, and is a short walk to AUT and University of Auckland.
It is close to bus routes, the motorway and Mt Eden Train station, and actually sits on the new cycleway. From its ridgetop aspect overlooking the city, Basilica has views of the harbour bridge, Waitakeres, and Sky Tower. Enjoy all the buzz of living in the CBD but with all the amenity of the fringe.
THE BEST THAT AUCKLAND CITY HAS TO OFFER
Basilica is surrounded by the best shopping in Auckland: the high fashion of lower Queen street, the boutique brands of Ponsonby and Newmarket, and the designer stores on Normanby Road in Mt Eden.
Basilica is perfectly located to take advantage of Eden Park in Kingsland; Aotea Theatre, IMAX, Auckland Art Gallery, Auckland Library, Skycity Casino and Skytower in the CBD; the cinemas of Newmarket; and the cafes, bar and nightlife of Ponsonby.
Eden Terrace has it all – upmarket dining at French Café, the bohemian flavours of Verona on K’ Road, old favourites like Benediction at Site 3, or the trendy new Goodness Gracious.
The beautiful Basque Park, Myers Park, Albert Park and Auckland Domain are all an easy stroll from Basilica.
BESIDE A LITTLE PIECE OF AUCKLAND’S HISTORY
At the rear of Basilica stands St Benedicts Church - a prominent piece of Auckland city’s history.
Since the foundation stone was laid in 1881 and the church blessed and opened in 1882 the building has served as a place of worship and at one time a primary school for many New Zealanders.
At the time of it’s construction, the St Benedicts Church was the largest wooden church in New Zealand, and comfortably seated 1200 people. Today, after its third restoration it stands as a historically protected building in active service.